Lincoln, NE - September 18, 2014 - MacPractice 20/20 MU version 5.0 and MacPractice 20/20 MU version 5.1 has achieved ONC HIT 2014 Edition Complete EHR certification, which designates that the software is capable of supporting Eligible Providers with meeting the Stage 1 and Stage 2 meaningful use measures required to qualify for funding under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). MacPractice 20/20 MU version 5.0 was certified on June 5, 2014 and MacPractice 20/20 MU version 5.1 was certified on September 20, 2015 by ICSA Labs, an Office of the National Coordinator-Authorized Certification Body (ONC-ACB) and is compliant in accordance with applicable criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS).
With this certification, we believe our optical customers, who prefer to use Macs and Apple native products in their practices, are well prepared to successfully demonstrate meaningful use, stated Mark Hollis, CEO of MacPractice.
ICSA Labs, an independent division of Verizon, offers vendor-neutral testing and certification. 2014 Edition ONC HIT Certification is granted to those technologies that are capable of meeting the more rigorous testing criteria developed to support providers and hospitals who wish to demonstrate Stage 2 meaningful use, which focuses on the capability of health IT to deliver higher quality patient care and exchange clinical information securely.
MacPractice 20/20 MU version 5.0's certification number is 140106R00. ONC HIT certification conferred by ICSA Labs does not represent an endorsement of the certified EHR technology by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The clinical quality measures to which MacPractice 20/20 MU version 5.0 has been certified include:
- Patient and Family Engagement
- Functional status assessment for hip replacement
- Functional status assessment for knee replacement
- Oncology: Medical and Radiation " Pain Intensity Quantified NQF 0384
- Patient Safety
- Cataracts: Complications within 30 Days Following Cataract Surgery Requiring Additional Surgical Procedures NQF 0564
- Child and Adolescent Major Depressive Disorder: Suicide Risk Assessment NQF 1365
- Documentation of Current Medications in the Medical Record NQF 0419
- Falls: Screening for Future Fall Risk NQF 0101
- Use of High-Risk Medications in the Elderly NQF 0022
- Care Coordination
- Closing the referral loop: receipt of specialist report
- Population/Public Health
- Childhood Immunization Status NQF 0038
- Chlamydia Screening for Women NQF 0033
- Maternal depression screening NQF 1401
- Preventive Care and Screening: Body Mass Index (BMI) Screening and Follow-Up NQF 0421
- Preventive Care and Screening: Screening for Clinical Depression and Follow-Up Plan NQF 0418
- Preventive Care and Screening: Screening for High Blood Pressure and Follow-Up Documented
- Preventive Care and Screening: Tobacco Use: Screening and Cessation Intervention NQF 0028
- Weight Assessment and Counseling for Nutrition and Physical Activity for Children and Adolescents NQF 0024
- Efficient Use of Healthcare Resources
- Appropriate Treatment for Children with Upper Respiratory Infection (URI) NQF 0069
- Prostate Cancer: Avoidance of Overuse of Bone Scan for Staging Low Risk Prostate Cancer Patients NQF 0389
- Clinical Process/Effectiveness
- Anti-depressant Medication Management NQF 0105
- Breast Cancer: Hormonal Therapy for Stage IC-IIIC Estrogen Receptor/ Progesterone Receptor (ER/PR) Positive Breast Cancer NQF 0387
- Breast Cancer Screening NQF 0031
- Cataracts: 20/40 or Better Visual Acuity within 90 Days Following Cataract Surgery NQF 0565
- Cervical Cancer Screening NQF 0032
- Children who have dental decay or cavities
- Colon Cancer: Chemotherapy for AJCC Stage III Colon Cancer Patients NQF 0385
- Colorectal Cancer Screening NQF 0034
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD): Beta-Blocker Therapy"Prior Myocardial Infarction (MI) or Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction (LVEF <40%) NQF 0070
- Dementia: Cognitive Assessment
- Depression Remission at Twelve Months NQF 0710
- Diabetes: Eye Exam NQF 0055
- Diabetes: Foot Exam NQF 0056
- Diabetes: Hemoglobin A1c Poor Control NQF 0059
- Diabetes: Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) Management NQF 0064
- Diabetes: Urine Protein Screening NQF 0062
- Diabetic Retinopathy: Communication with the Physician Managing Ongoing Diabetes Care NQF 0089
- Diabetic Retinopathy: Documentation of Presence or Absence of Macular Edema and Level of Severity of Retinopathy NQF 0088
- Heart Failure (HF): Angiotensin- Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitor or Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB) Therapy for Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction (LVSD) NQF 0081
- Heart Failure (HF): Beta- Blocker Therapy for Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction (LVSD) NQF 0083
- Hemoglobin A1c Test for Pediatric Patients NQF 0060
- HIV/AIDS: Medical Visit NQF 0403
- HIV/AIDS: Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia (PCP) Prophylaxis NQF 0405
- HIV/AIDS: RNA control for Patients with HIV
- Hypertension: Improvement in blood pressure
- Initiation and Engagement of Alcohol and Other Drug Dependence Treatment NQF 0004
- Ischemic Vascular Disease (IVD): Complete Lipid Panel and LDL Control NQF 0075
- Ischemic Vascular Disease (IVD): Use of Aspirin or Another Antithrombotic NQF 0068
- Major Depressive Disorder (20/20): Suicide Risk Assessment NQF 0104
- Pneumonia Vaccination Status for Older Adults NQF 0043
- Pregnant women that had HBsAg testing NQF 0608
- Preventive Care and Screening: Cholesterol " Fasting Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL- C) Test Performed
- Preventive Care and Screening: Risk-Stratified Cholesterol " Fasting Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL- C)
- Primary Caries Prevention Intervention as Offered by Primary Care Providers, including Dentists
- Primary Open Angle Glaucoma (POAG): Optic Nerve Evaluation NQF 0086
- Use of Appropriate Medications for Asthma NQF 0036
The additional software relied upon to comply with one or more of the certification criteria include UpDox, NewCrop, and MedLinePlus.
The additional types of costs that an Eligible Provider would pay to implement this Complete EHR's capabilities in order to attempt to meet meaningful use objectives and measures include: monthly service fees for eprescribing, monthly lab interface support fees in some instances, integration fees for health information exchange, and an annual fee for MacPractice continued development and product support via toll free telephone, live chat, email, and remote access.
About MacPractice, Inc.
MacPractice, Inc. is a client centric practice management and clinical software development firm, comprised of highly experienced and caring individuals, dedicated to the development and support of best-of-class native Mac OS X and iOS software, and associated services for physicians, optic professionals, dentists, and chiropractors. MacPractice is a member of HIMSS Electronic Health Records Association (EHRA) and a contributing member of Commonwell.
About ONC Certification
The ONC Certified Health Information Technology (HIT) program tests and certifies that HIT is capable of meeting the 2014 Edition criteria approved by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS). The certifications include Complete EHRs, which meet all of the 2014 Edition criteria for either eligible provider or hospital technology and EHR Modules, which meet one or more " but not all " of the criteria.
About ICSA Labs
ICSA Labs, an independent division of Verizon, offers third-party testing and certification of security and health IT products, as well as network-connected devices, to measure product compliance, reliability and performance for many of the world's top security vendors. ICSA Labs is an ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited and 9001:2008 registered organization. ICSA Labs is NVLAP accredited as a Health IT Test Lab and is also an ONC-Authorized Certification Body (ONC-ACB) accredited by ANSI to ISO/IEC Guide 65. Visit http://www.icsalabs.com and http://www.icsalabs.com/blogs for more information.