North Andover, MA, August 12, 2009 - High performance document scanning is now available for MacPractice MD, DDS, DC and 20/20 users. Through an exclusive collaboration with Acordex Imaging Systems, MacPractice is excited to offer DocKeep Scan for MacPractice. MacPractice has supported document scanning into MacPractice Attachments since 2005. DocKeep Scan includes Mac drivers for the Fujitsu fi-6130 and 6230 (flatbed and sheet fed), a newly introduced Fujitsu Workgroup scanner designed and priced by Fujitsu for small businesses such as doctors' offices and having the following advantages:
DocKeep Scan for MacPractice MD, DDS, DC, 20/20 has the following advantages:
- Fast 40ppm (30ppm color) scanning (single and double-sided) reduces labor costs.
- Insurance and credit card scanning is supported.
- Robust 50-page Automatic Document Feeder.
- Small desktop footprint and upright design (fi-6130) are ideal for a doctor's office.
- Advanced page separation for fewer double page feeds.
- Extended life, much longer than consumer models, with user replaceable rollers.
- Advance Exchange Contract available from Fujitsu provides next business day replacement including parts, labor and shipping.
- Pagination Control - Review a scanned document and insert, append, or remove pages before you attach the document to a patient record in MacPractice.
- FileMaker compatibility - Sample FileMaker scripts for adding attachments to a FileMaker database are available free of charge.
- Scanner sharing - Two office staff can share a single scanner, leveraging the hardware investment and maximizing use of valuable desktop space.
- Automatic Redundant backup - Backup is critical in a doctor's office, and DocKeep for MacPractice creates a local backup at the scan station, protecting you if there's a network failure during the attachment upload to the MacPractice server.
Dockeep for MacPractice can pay for itself in less than a year by enhancing productivity and efficiency.
DocKeep Scan for MacPractice is an appropriate subset of the same Acordex technology serving organizations with thousands of users since 1989, and it is now available to MacPractice users for just $600.
Added Kenneth Rohr, President of Acordex Imaging Systems, "We are proud to collaborate with the leading developer of practice management and clinical applications for the Macintosh to provide a high-volume, low-cost scanning solution to enhance productivity and improve access to supporting documentation in small to medium-size medical, dental and chiropractic practices."
Acordex Imaging Systems is the provider of high-end imaging solutions on the Macintosh since 1989.
Press Contact: Kenner Rohr, President
MacPractice, Inc is a client centric practice management and clinical software development firm, comprised of highly experienced and caring individuals, dedicated to the development and support of best-of-class Macintosh software, hardware, and associated services for physicians, dentists, and chiropractors.
Press Contact: Mark Hollis, President